......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Sunday, June 5, 2011

New South Brewery







I recently had time to spare while shopping at my local Piggly Wiggly grocery store in Surfside Beach.   At the back corner of the store, there was a display of some locally brewed beer.  I read the can which listed a Myrtle Beach address for the Brewery.   

I picked up a six pack, as I like pale ales and took it on home to try it out.  I love supporting locally owned businesses.    I was very pleased with the taste and the price.   

I called New South to ask where they were located.   The man on the line explained to me that they conduct tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 3:00 and 5:30 p.m. and at the conclusion of the tour, there is a sampling.   Due to my work schedule; I won't make it over there until the end of the first week of June, but I've already tried one of their several offerings and found it totally "delish".    If you enjoy the taste of a good beer that isn't watered down, then you might enjoy the White Ale also.   They have several other varieties, which you can check out on their website.   

O.K., so maybe some of your friends can boast that they've been to the new Wonderworks attraction at Broadway at the Beach, but have they been to the New South Brewery?    Come experience the nitty gritty Myrtle Beach and support the crafters of a quality,  local product.

No comments:

Post a Comment