......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kidd Kraddick in the Morning Radio Show

I hate to find myself in the position of being a woman in her 40's commenting on how I just "don't get" a particular young and hip (subject to your own opinion of course) radio program.  
But, here I am, and I don't.

Recently I saw an episode of Family Guy which had a parody of FM stations that play those annoying audio montages.  
While scanning local radio stations this morning I heard just such a compilation on 97.7 FM on the Kidd Kraddick Radio Show(syndicated).  I lingered to see if maybe they too were doing their own FM radio show parody, but it went on too long.  I had no desire to hang around and find out.   I already know the show is annoying and I figure it must be geared towards teeny boppers, but all the "tb's" should be in school at that time so I'm not sure who tunes in to listen.
Kidd and the Gang sound like the cool kids in High School who sit around the table in the Cafeteria at lunchtime talking about stuff they think everyone else wants to overhear them saying. 

I've been operating under the assumption that an FM music radio station which bills itself as "the #1 hit music station in Myrtle Beach" should be playing music and all the air-headed chatter should be a side dish and not the main course.   

I guess I'm wondering if there are really people out there who prefer to listen to that drivel  vs. listening to music.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then I suggest you tune in on a weekday and tell me what you think.

Here's what it boils down to for me:

If a radio station is playing basically the same songs as another radio station, but without all the blather...then I'm going to listen to the station without all the blather.



No comments:

Post a Comment