......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Why Are There Outdoor Playlands @ Places like McDonald's?

I don't know...maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the concept of outdoor playlands attached to fast food joints here in the South.

I was looking for a nice cool place to take my niece and nephew for lunch so they could romp around afterwards.   I pulled into the McDonald's on 17 Bypass in Socastee and I pulled right out again when I saw that the Playland was outdoors.  

Um....Hello?  It's hot and humid out here.  It's Summer.  It's the South!!  It's already hot and steamy in those tunnels that the kids crawl through.   They are sort of tubular petri dishes in my mind.  Who knows what sort of bacterial inbreeding goes on in there.   


Even the playlands that are indoors have a funky hot and moist thing going on inside.   I don't get it.  It seems somewhat tortuous to allow children to go in there when there isn't any ventilation.  It's like a plastic crock pot in this weather.  Need I go on with my pathetic metaphors or am I making myself clear? 

The McDonald's on Business 17 in Surfside Beach has the same set up.   And if you come across a Burger King with an indoor playland, then please don't go in and refer to my previous post about Burger King.  

I am not the Indoor Playland authority, but I know for certain that the Chik-Fil-A on Hwy. 544 (a.k.a. Dick Pond Rd) in Surfside Beach has a clean indoor playland.  And aside from the indoor spaz-fest for the kiddies...they (and you too mom and dad) will get a great made-from-scratch meal at any Chik-Fil-A.  Many times the Cow is on hand with balloons as well.   


Air conditioned indoor playland, made-from-scratch food and drinks and ice cream and a Cow handing out balloons?   Okay does it get any better than that when all you're looking for is cheap eats and a place for the little monsters to blow off some of that energy?


The Chik-Fil-A on Mr. Joe White in Myrtle Beach also has an indoor playland.


I'll be out and about town tonight and if I see any places; I will add them to the list.   


No comments:

Post a Comment