......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Friday, July 15, 2011

New South Brewing Tour and Tasting

New South Brewing
1109 Campbell St
Myrtle Beach SC 29577
(843)916-2337




Finally made it to New South for a tour of the facility.  
I loved it !


I'm usually game for anything, but I wasn't sure what to make of the New South digs over there on Campbell St.  But for the little banner hanging on the fence, I wouldn't have known I had the right place as there is no other indication.   


Pulling into the driveway caused me to call upon all of my 31 years of driving skills.   There's a very soft, white sand at the entrance and in most of the parking area just outside the front door.  I knew I'd have to floor it to get through the deepest section.  It's not a large lot and so once I hit the gas; I had to also hit the brakes.   I decided to turn around and park outside of the gate.   If you go, I would consider parking outside of the gate as well.


There was a small tour group ahead of us and so as we waited, some samples of the New South popular White Ale were brought out to the 16 or so of us milling around in the lobby.  The two gentlemen who run the joint are extremely generous with their time, knowledge and beer samples.   They love what they do.  They love sharing what they do.  When people are that passionate about their craft...it's more than evident in the product they sell.  


I'm not going to relate to you the whole tour, but will say that you will learn how the beer goes from field to keg and leave with a clear understanding of how a great beer is crafted from quality ingredients.   


What I found almost as interesting as the facility tour were the surroundings.   There's all sorts of crap littering the outside of the building and then I was further intrigued by a sort of loft which I could see while being guided through the brewery.  I have to imagine that it's not typical but I think that's what makes the whole scene so quaint.  


I'm quite sure you will come away from New South Brewing as I did...with a head filled with knowledge {and I now know what a "growler" is!} and a bladder full of really awesome beer!  These guys know the beach; they live here and they know what we like to drink!


Kudos guys!  


You've added another loyal fan to the ranks!














No comments:

Post a Comment