......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Spy a Few New Businesses in Myrtle Beach

I dropped my daughter off at work this morning around 5:30 a.m.
(I know, right)

As I drove down the deserted streets; I was able to maneuver myself in and out of parking lots in order to take pictures a lot easier than I'm able during the middle of the day. 

I spied a few businesses which may or may not be new to the area. I don't always notice a lot during the day as I usually have my eye on the road to avoid the ripples, bumps and potholes on Business 17.
(a not so subtle dig)



Beach Boutique @ 17th

Corner of 17th Ave. S & Business 17
Next to Manny's Subs and across from the Domino's Pizza

I have my fingers crossed for these folks, as I'm not too sure about this location.
I drive past this little strip mall almost every day and I hardly take notice of anything in this area.
I'm usually paying attention to the traffic light on 17...as I think most people are.

I'll stop in when they are open and check out prices and other pertinent information.
Having spent a good part of last year watching a young couple endeavor to get a business started in Myrtle Beach...my heart goes out to anyone brave enough to go forth with the strong wind of the City of Myrtle Beach government blowing hard against them.


My daughter noticed Little Israel Kosher Market and alerted me as to its existence.
I dropped by on Monday of this week to check it out, but no one was there just after 10 am when the store was supposed to be open.

Personally, I'm not into Jewish foods, but if you are...then you might want to check this place out.
I think of Matzah and Gefilte fish when I think of Kosher Jewish fare.
It just doesn't do it for me.
I think you have to be forced by religious tradition to even attempt to consume these items.
But, if you like it or have "need" of it...then you might want to check this place out.



A block up from the Little Israel Restaurant (North)
is King David Kosher Moroccan Restaurant.

I figured that Becky Billingsley of Myrtle Beach Restaurant News had already found this place and reported on it...and my instincts were correct.
Here is the Review from December 14, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment