......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Monday, August 22, 2011

GINO's Real New York Pizza

(click to enlarge image)


GINO's 
Real New York Pizza
In Plaza near Forestbrook Food Lion
Belle Terre Blvd.
Myrtle Beach
(843)236-8885


It would seem from some of my posts that I eat pizza a lot, but seriously, I rarely touch the stuff.
(keep in mind though that "rarely" is a relative term)  
I'm trying to catch up on my post writing after getting a bit behind due to moving and working and being sick and some of the places I have yet to write about involve the eating of pizza.

Not too long ago, I happened to take a drive along Fantasy Harbour Blvd. heading West from the old Waccamaw Pottery area.   I happened upon a little shopping area off of Belle Terre Blvd. 
It has the look of new construction and as I drove around the parking lot to see what was what...I came across Gino's.

I went in to see if they make Sicilian style pizza as it's the most difficult to find. 
They make it! 
I bought some.
I ate it.
It lacked a certain je ne sais quoi.
But, when all is said and done...if I were to be in the area again and hungry again...I'd probably stop in for another!

If you stick with a regular, run-of-the-mill cheese pizza, then you're looking at paying $12.00 for a 16" and I think that's an average price for this area. 
Gino's charges $2 for each extra topping...
Ka-Ching!$$!

I just took a look at the menu for the new Surfside Beach Pizza place and they charge an unusual amount of $1.65.  I find that an interesting price.  
I guess I'm old school and remember when add'l toppings were a buck each, but I didn't give a flying leap because I like cheese pizza. 

I will say this for Gino's...
...the quality of their ingredients seem to be decent, but for me, personally, I wasn't much impressed with the sauce.  
It doesn't take a whole lot to wow me with pizza baked in a pizza oven and so...as long as it's not a Pizza Hut or Dominoes Pizza....I'll consume it...and be thankful for it...especially if someone else is paying.

I love that they sell Cannoli and am anxious to see how their Stromboli measures up to The Dough Boys. 
Not really.....I'm more anxious to make my own stromboli (and so is my family for that matter!).

Buon Appetito!



No comments:

Post a Comment