......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Friday, July 29, 2011

Once Upon a Child, Surfside Beach

Once Upon a Child
2727 Beaver Run Blvd.
Surfside Beach, SC 29575
(843)650-2229

I became a Grandmother this past year.  
My granddaughter is almost 9 months old and I still haven't figured out what I want her to call me. 
I think it's a new age and a new time and "grandmother", "grandma" and "grammy" all sound way too old.  
It's time for new terminology to be invented for youthful grandparents.  

While I'm working on my little "what-I-want-to-be-called" project; I do what every mother of a baby's mother does...I shop to help keep the precious and ever-growing bundle of joy clothed and equipped with the appropriate toys.

I've found the best deals at Once Upon a Child for anything to do with babies and young children.  
Everything in the store is more or less used, but very gently used and very gently priced.  
Their whole gig is that they don't accept junk or clothing which is obviously worn.  
In my world; it doesn't make sense to buy all new for a young baby when they grow like weeds and bust out of their clothes at an incredible rate.

Once Upon a Child is way more than clothing. You'll find children's shoes, accessories, toys, furniture and bedding.  

Check out the Once Upon a Child website to find the guidelines for buying and selling.    

It's a tiny store, but packed to the gills and kept impeccably neat and organized.   
You'll enjoy the hunt and the thrill of victory!






No comments:

Post a Comment