......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Veterans Cafe & Grille (& Mini Military Museum)

Veterans Cafe & Grille

Check out the Photo Gallery on Facebook

1144 Shine Ave.
Myrtle Beach

While out and about in the Market Common area one day; I stumbled upon this little restaurant.   It's sort of tucked away near the Veteran's Administration building.  Wise choice I suppose.  I would think anyone dealing with the VA needs a good stiff drink afterwards, but a great BLT might do just as well... albeit temporarily.    


By way of background, let me reveal that I am an Air Force Veteran.   When my enlistment term was complete; I left to raise a family, but I am very familiar with what it's like to deal with  the military/government and that's the reason for my little jab at the VA.  All in good fun. 


What I find interesting is that even though the decor is Military Memorabilia and it covers just about every inch of wall and ceiling space... the place does not feel or look cluttered.  It is very clean.  It is actually quite plain and sterile.   There is great care taken in the display and maintenance of the items on display and I never got the idea that they were just a bunch of dust collectors. 


If you follow the link to the website, there is a breakfast and lunch menu posted, but I get the distinct impression that those have not been updated in a while.  I seem to remember there being more items to choose from than those listed.  I could be wrong.  I haven't conducted an item for item match up and quite frankly; I don't intend to.


Each weekday there is a hot lunch special and my experience overall is that I got a great value for the money I spent.   I got to sit and eat and look at some really cool military remembrances and photos while being served by some very low key, but extremely friendly folks.  


The restaurant is open Monday-Saturday from 7am to 3pm.  The business card I am looking at suggests that you might want to hold your next gathering, party or meeting there during or after hours.   So, something to consider.   


If you're hungry and want a place to quickly grab a breakfast or lunch without waiting in a long line...a place which is a little out of the ordinary...a place which provides a decent meal for the money...then march yourself on into the Veterans Cafe & Grille.  


You'll find a map and directions on the website.






    

No comments:

Post a Comment