......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kilgor Trouts Music & More

512 8th Ave. N.
Myrtle Beach SC 29577
(843)445-2800


I had a little time to waste this afternoon while waiting to see a townhome that I'm hoping to rent.   I drove around looking for a particular cafe and instead stumbled upon Kilgor Trouts Music & More on 8th Ave near the cross section of Broadway.  It's sorta kinda across the street from the Ethiopian Cuisine restaurant.


Raise your hand if you are also sick and tired of relying on chain stores for your media buying needs!  O.K., so we live in a day and age when we can purchase music from sites such as iTunes and Rhapsody, but check this out...I paid only $8.00 for 2 music CD's.   And had I known about the store specials; I would've waited until Saturday when I would receive an extra $1 off of each CD bringing my grand total to $6 for Bad Company and The Cars.  {Am I dating myself or what?}


The next time I venture into Kilgor Trouts (and if you're like me and enjoy researching words, names and phrases that you aren't familiar with...then you'll enjoy the K.T. reference) I'm going to make sure I have time to browse.   There are $2.00 movies, .99 cent cd's and a decent collection of record albums...and those are just the "appetizers".


Check out the website and you'll get an inkling as to what to expect on your visit.   


I was told that my cd purchases are guaranteed and if they don't work, then I can bring them back and have some maintenance performed on them or receive a replacement.   That's an unusual assurance to find these days when purchasing used items.


This place will have to be added to my list of ideas for things to do on a rainy day in Myrtle Beach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment