......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Monday, August 22, 2011

New Pizza Joint Opens in Surfside Beach

Surfside Beach Pizza & Italian Restaurant
821 Surfside Dr.
Surfside Beach, SC 29575
(843)829-3512
I've been real sick the past few days and not much up for standing around in the kitchen cooking meals.  
When I noticed a new pizza restaurant on Surfside Dr. on Monday; I had to stop in, check it out and hopefully tote home something yummy for dinner.

Surfside Beach Pizza & Restaurant opened its doors to the public for the first time on August 15, 2011.   
They not only sell pizza, but all sorts of sandwiches and appetizers and entrees as well.   
Another aspect to this business which I think will have broad appeal is the fact that they make up small and large catering style trays of food.  
I've been a part of a lot of family gatherings here at the beach and it would be so much nicer to have someone else do the cooking while enjoying the company of family and friends versus hovering over the stove for a week and missing out on so much of the festivities.
{I've posted a copy of the menu below.}

I spoke with Debbie and Dale (one of the owners) when I stopped in and found them to be very friendly and accommodating.   As with any new business owner; they are anxious to have the word spread that they are open, but moreso, I believe they want to make people happy with great food at competitive prices. (geez I sound like a commercial).

While waiting for my food ; I sat and ate a slice of plain cheese pizza.  I thoroughly enjoyed it as all of the elements of what I personally consider good pizza pie was "there".

To state that I enjoyed my food means absolutely nothing to you, as taste is subjective and just because I like it doesn't mean you will.
I'm a purist when it comes to my "pie" and so I love a great cheese pizza. 


I brought home a pizza (they make 16") which was half cheese and half pepperoni (for my daughters) and an order of garlic knots with sauce (8-count).  Add to that the slice of pizza I ate at the restaurant and a bottle of Diet Pepsi and my order came to $17.  


The true test for me though is what the leftovers taste like the next day.   Two thumbs up on that!! 


The restaurant delivers and the owners seem very open to the opinions of their customers.  


{ click on images to enlarge }


Did I mention they deliver?

No comments:

Post a Comment