......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dolce Lusso Salon and Day Spa

3050 Howard Ave.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843)839-2655


Since moving to Myrtle Beach in the Fall of 2008, I've had nothing but trouble in finding a salon that I could trust with my head of hair.   If you think about it, when we sit in a stylists chair, we have no idea what's going on (more or less) until the deed is done.   And then, it's too late. (cue doomsday music) 


Case in point, in an effort to save a few dollars (and I do not contend that spending more on a haircut ensures a great experience), I went into the Great Clips around the corner from my house.   I did this because in the state that I moved here from, I went to a franchise called Master Cuts and received top notch care.     I found out the hardest way possible that Great Clips is no Master Cuts.   My hair looked like...(and no hyperbole here)  it was done by a blindfolded stylist.   I cried for the first time since my mom had my hair permed back in the early 70's and it came out looking like Richard Simmons.


The worst part of that experience was that my daughter also had her hair cut at Great Clips that day.   She had a different stylist (and I use the term loosely)...same result....that bowl-on-the-head-self-inflicted-haircut-with paper scissors-look.    To their credit, the Manager had me and my daughter come in to be fixed up, but it only looked less worse...not better. 


I tried a few other places, but was never satisfied that I was getting a great service in return for the $30 plus tip I was forking over for each haircut.  Consequently, I was letting more and more time pass inbetween haircuts. 


Recently though, while driving throught the Market Common area, I saw Dolce Lusso and I was reminded of something:


Back in the Spring of 2009, I had gone to the Market Commons for their One Year Anniversary.   Part of the festivities included a Fashion Show.    Several of the local merchants sent their fashions down the runway.   The thing that stood out to me that day were the hairstyles of the various models.   Dolce Lusso was responsible.


I decided that I was going to try them...and I figured, after walking into their Salon and seeing how upscale the atmosphere...that I was going to be handing over a lot of cash.  At that point though, I almost didn't care.  I needed a good haircut!   


To my delight, I was quoted a price with a Junior Stylist which to me, was very reasonable. At the time, it was $40.  I'm not sure what the prices are now.   I'd been paying $30 in a very mediocre salon.   And, that mediocre Salon was not as stylish or professional as Dolce Lusso.   In the mediocre salon, I wasn't offered a hot or cold drink and a comfy chair to sit in while waiting.   And, if you're on time for your appointment at Dolce...they are on time for you.   


Included with my haircut, was a hand massage while my hair was being conditioned.    Not at any time did I think I was with a Junior Stylist.   It makes me wonder what type of wonders the top stylist at Dolce can perform on a head of hair ???!!!  


My daughter visited the Salon today and took a chance with her hair...putting it in the capable hands and scissors of Heather...who apparently is a new Stylist.   She came home twirling around with excitement at the expensive look and feel of her new "do".    

I've now recommended Dolce Lusso to my family members and to anyone else who will listen to me go on and on about it.


I hope you'll check it out for yourself.  In fact, you'll appreciate the care you get during your call to make an appointment.  Everyone there treats you like you matter. You know, like they want you to come back.  Like a business who realizes you can go anywhere to get your haircut, but they'd love it if you chose them.







No comments:

Post a Comment