......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Make Me SMILE Real Big & I'll Drink Your Beer !

Frederick, MD



Ever since coming across New South Beer brewed here in Myrtle Beach; I do my best to purchase their White Ale whenever I indulge in beer drinking.
Every now and then though I will stray from my usual and sample something new.   While in my local Piggly Wiggly the other day; I found myself meandering down the beer isle. I had a hankering for something cold and something new.
  
Sometimes my blind purchases work out quite well, as in the case with New South Beer and sometimes it's not at all what I was expecting.   Like the time I saw cans of Guinness on the shelf and the midnight black cans looked so classy; I was drawn to them.   Brought it home, took a swig, and spit it into the sink.  It tasted like a melted down Cuban cigar.  I've never tasted a Cuban cigar, but it's what I imagined one would taste like were it liquefied.  
I actually chose the beer because I have a friend in England who brags on stout beers and I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about.

As a result...I'm a little skittish these days when it comes to tasting new beer, but I'm not a fan of predictability and so I venture into the uncharted beer waters now and then.

The packaging of the Flying Dog beers are what caught my eye.  They made me chuckle and I love that they prominently display the percentage of alcohol. (doesn't take much to please this gal)
I went with the Doggie Style brew first.
All I can say is that if you enjoy great craft beers...you'll love this.  It's not wimpy, sweet and watered down, but is robust and hearty. 

Bottoms Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment