......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Sunday, February 12, 2012

23 Days of Creative Valentine's Day Ideas, Day # 13

I'm not a fan of keeping animals indoors and alone, but I have a huge soft spot for animals which need to be rescued and/or in need of a loving home.

One of the nicest gifts someone gave me when I lived overseas was the cutest little puppy...the only problem was that it was meant to be a watchdog as I lived in an area where Americans got robbed daily...and he wouldn't be "that" for quite some time.  

If your lover is fond of pets, then why not adopt one for them?

Check out the website for the Grand Strand Humane Society.  You can view the pets in need of a home on Petfinder.com.
Get all the stuff your Valentine will need and wrap it up real pretty like.
Giving a pet as a gift is also giving someone a lot of work, but if they're into it...then go for it.

Before making a choice, you can check out the Waccamaw Animal Rescue Mission or WARM in Conway.

I'm not sure if these sites are all connected in some way, but here his a link to Adoptapet.com
You can enter in the parameters on how far out you'd be willing to travel to find a good pet...and go from there.

Good Luck and I hope it works out for you and some little Meow or Woof in need.







No comments:

Post a Comment