......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Monday, January 9, 2012

Parks in Surfside Beach, SC - VLOG



January 8, 2012
While out enjoying the ridiculously beautiful day

After viewing this video; I'm sure I wouldn't have to invest much time convincing you that this was my first attempt at recording myself describing a local park.


It's all about adding texture and dimension to this blog.
I was told a long time ago to smile while on the phone as it translates to the person on the other end.
Even though I was in a mellow and tranquil mood yesterday morning...this video comes across as a little too placid.
Oh well...there's always next time.


Fuller Park & 2 Tennis Courts
Adjacent to Surfside Beach branch of Horry County Memorial Library


Gazebo in the Park next to Surfside Beach Library



A Few Pics of ALL CHILDREN's PARK
@ Corner of 10th Ave. S & Hollywood Dr.
Surfside Beach
I just love this big 'ole baby swing

Some rules:  No Dogs and No Smoking

And some more rules
I hate to mention how times have changed since I was a youngster but they have.
Our parks had no rules to speak of, blacktop, merry-go-rounds, see-saws, towering metal slides, monkey bars and every other play thing which our society now deems unsafe!
Not saying there's anything wrong with the change...just making the comparison.


 Beautiful peaceful setting and it seems there are enough garbage containers for almost any mess imaginable!

If you look for this landmark, then you you'll always be able to locate this park.


A little peek at All Children's Park
I believe the idea here is that there is accessibility for children who are handicapped as well as able-bodied


Here are links to a few other park-type facilities in Surfside Beach:

Space can be rented here for parties and gatherings in the Clubhouse
There is a lighted baseball/softball field as well as covered picnic area and restrooms.

This is the one I mentioned was located next to the newly-renovated library on Surfside Dr.

Off Glenns Bay Rd on Spanish Oak Dr.
Baseball, Softball and Football Fields, Tot Lot, Picnic Shelters, Restrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment