......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

23 Days of Creative Valentine's Day Ideas, Day # 7

A Few Date Ideas 


1.  New South Brewing
I've written about this local Myrtle Beach Brewery after I took a Tour of the Facility back in July, 2011.
I really wanted to purchase a Growler at the end of the Tour, but I had to leave early so I wouldn't miss my Zumba class.
Hey...this chick does not miss her Zumba!


I missed my opportunity and so I recently contacted the nice men over at the Brewery and asked if they'd be open for tours on Valentine's Day...as Tuesdays are one of their tour days.
I also wanted to inquire about getting a Growler.
The Brewery will be open for Tours from between 3-5:30.
I'd try to get there for the 3:00 tour because otherwise it's somewhat up in the air as to when the other one will start.
I think they keep to a routine, but it's not an exact science.
Check out the New South Facebook page for pictures and updates.


The cool thing about purchasing a Growler is that it gets pumped full of freshly crafted beer made in a local facility by local business owners.  And, I have to reiterate...these guys know and love what they do.
It's not a glamorous job by any means and it seems they do more cleaning than anything else, but they produce damn fine beers and you'll get to taste them while you're there.
At the end, you'll have the opportunity to purchase a 6-pack or Growler.
Due to government regulations, you cannot walk in off the street and purchase beer from New South directly.
But, if you go to the website, there is a directory of all of the local Restaurants/Bars which serve New South.


The New South Pale Ale is sold in cans in the Grocery Store.
I've found it in the Piggly Wiggly in Surfside Beach, but I have no idea where else it's sold.


I think the Tour is a great way to kick off a great Valentine's Day.


2.  Buy An ATTRACTIONS Dining and Value Guide


Buy the Guide and then you and your Valentine can start using the Coupons to go somewhere nice for dinner.


If you go to the Website now and scroll to the bottom of the Home Page, you'll find an offer for $5.00 off the Online Edition of the Book.


I've seen the Book and I don't think you'll be disappointed, but don't take my word for it...Preview the Book yourself. 
The cool thing is that you can look up everything you want to know about the book, most especially to find out which local restaurants and attractions are included so there are no surprises or disappointments if you buy the guide site unseen.
Go to the Search box on the left sidebar.
There is also a link on the right side with FREE online coupon offers delivered to your valid email address, but I didn't see any for the Myrtle Beach area as of today.


No matter where I go, when I head out for groceries, dinner or lunch at a local restaurant, or if I'm hauling out-of-town guests around to the typical attractions; I always check out the main website of all businesses.  You'd be surprised at the offers you can find online...especially on Facebook.


In fact, I noticed something on the New South Brewing Facebook page....they had a promotion going on where once they hit 800 "likes", they would offer beer for 1-cent.
I'm not sure how that is going to work, but keep checking their Page to find out.


While we're on the subject, I want to also suggest signing up for loyalty programs at your local grocery store.
I'm sure I've mentioned this before but it doesn't hurt to hit you over the head with this fantastic information:


I use my card at Bi-Lo and for every $50 in purchases with my card; I receive .05 cents off a gallon a gas at participating gas stations.
I wait until I have 20-50 cents off per gallon and then go fill up the tank.


Every store has a card...I'd take advantage of it if I were you, but that's just me.


I also visited the Liberty Steak House Facebook Page today and because I signed up for their email list....which even though I know they're going to use to Market the Hell out of me...I don't care, because every now and then, I'm going to take advantage of one of those deals. 


If you're into crafts, then sign up at Michael's website with your email address and receive a 40% off coupon on the spot.
They send some sort of coupon each week and a great feature is that  if you're like me and frequently forget to shove the coupons in your wallet, then all you have to do is pull it up on your smart phone and let the cashier see it...and voila...you get your discount.


Valentine's Day is a great time to use those coupons for that incredibly thoughtful homemade gift you're putting together.
(see my previous posts).

No comments:

Post a Comment