......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Thursday, December 22, 2011

NORAD's Countdown to Santa


The coolest part of this is tuning in on Christmas Eve to track Santa on Google Earth!  
It's one way to get the little ones in bed...by letting them know how close he is.
Or not!

When I was younger; my family manipulated me into going asleep by telling me that Santa wasn't going to deliver my presents if I was awake.
It made me wonder...did Santa really take presents back to the North Pole due to children who were naughty at the last minute because they couldn't get to sleep?  because they were so wild with excitement that they had insomnia?  
It seemed a little cruel, but I never didn't get anything and so maybe just having my eyes closed were enough to fool the old man!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as you track Santa's progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment