......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Monday, January 10, 2011

Myrtle Beach Radio

Having only lived in the area a little over two years, I was ELATED when 100.3 fm, (i100) came on the scene with its Top 40 format.   I have an eclectic taste in music so it's no big deal for me to go back and forth between radio stations.  I can usually find something I enjoy.  


When I'm in my car though... I happen to enjoy listening to Top 40.   For quite some time, I was leaving for work before 9 a.m. and whenever I tuned into Mix 97.7 f.m., they were yacking away for what seemed hours on end.  There was no music at all for very long periods of time.    A few times, I put my glasses on to make sure I had the right station tuned in.    


Here's a revelation:  if I wanted Talk Radio, then I would trot on over to 99.5 f.m., but what I was listening to on 97.7 (and sorry to say, it's still that way if you tune in early)...was not even what could be labeled talk radio...more like chit-chat radio and it's annoying. 


The morning snore-fest on 97.7 has me wondering who in the world is listening.  What type of audience enjoys that?  Oh well, different strokes...


...it's just not for me.


So, whether you live local or in town for a visit, I've included a link on the left sidebar to a site called radiotime .   There you will find links to the local radio stations and most have live streaming.   


For the record, I am in no way affiliated with 100.3 f.m.  Having said that, I'm sitting here now at my computer listening to their live streaming as today is Commerical Free Monday.   No commercials.  None.    And, in the mornings...no boring chatter.


I will mention one other station:  WAVE 104.1.    I was born in the 60's and I dig classic rock.   104.1 f.m. satisfies the craving when I'm in the mood for large doses of my childhood favorites.


If anyone knows why Mix 97.7 does not play music in the mornings, would you mind passing along that info?  Thanks!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment