......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Best Laundromat That I've Found So Far !



1109 3rd Ave.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843)839-2468


After I posted this entry I asked myself if anyone would really care about a good, clean laundromat in Myrtle Beach?


Well, I did, that's who.  And I know I'm not alone and I also know that I'm not alone in thinking that it sucks the big weinee to finally find a local laundromat only to get there and realize it's a total dive.  So, even though you may not need a good, clean laundromat now and this post might seem quite mundane...go ahead and tuck this information away somewhere because the day just may come when your washing machine breaks because you tried to cram a king-sized comforter into it which in turn burned out the motor.    


Recently  my washing machine broke and I had to go in search of a decent laundromat. Who knew it would turn into such an ordeal.?
There is one in Surfside where I live, but if you've ever stepped foot in there, then you know why I didn't subject my dirty laundry to those dirty, rusty washers and dryers.   The whole experience of just surveying the place was gloomy and a real downer.


There is a laundry on Main St. in Myrtle Beach but there again, it had that old, rusty appliance vibe going on.
Over on Hwy. 15 near the intersection with 3rd Ave, in a little strip mall is another laundry.  It seemed a little better than the other two, but they all had the same "motif" if you will.


Darkness gives way to light in the search for a decent laundromat when you drive onto 3rd Ave and come to Lane Mega Laundry nestled in among a few empty storefronts and one Latin Convenience store.


There is always at least one attendant on duty and the place is kept spotless.
Word of Caution:  Don't try to slip in @ 8:45 p.m. or later.
Last call for laundry is at 8:45 and they are strict on that.


If you'd rather not deal with the whole laundromat scene...then take advantage of their drop-off service.


Amenities include:   bathrooms, change machines which take $1, $5 and $10 bills, laundry soap machine, soda machine and a few arcade games.
There are several sizes of washing machines and dryers.





No comments:

Post a Comment