......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Monday, July 11, 2011

They're Not Really "Going Out of Business"

This place has been Going Out of Business since I moved here in 2008!


I've also seen signs which read "Going Out For Business".  That has to be one of my all-time faves.


I chose to post a picture of this particular store because I've driven by almost everyday for four years and so I can verify that they don't seem to be closing anytime soon, but they are definitely not the only Souvenir store which states they're going out of business.


Eventually, yes, this place will very likely go out of business...relative to eternity.    They don't have a time frame posted, but as a society we've learned that when a store posts a sign such as this one....it means they are in the process of closing.   Seems to be bordering on false advertising, but what the heck do I know?  


These folks won't ever get my business because they've messed with my psyche and now I view them as less than honest.   That's just me though.   For anyone else who is under the impression that they will receive deep, deep discounts...have at it!   You might get a free hermit crab with your order, but you'll likely have to buy the cage for it.   


I'll just keep grinning as I pass by each day on my way home.  And, if you read anything other than a lighthearted lilt into this post, then please read it again.   I love these Going Out Of Business joints because they add a certain something to the whole Beach experience.   Knowing they're not really going out of business makes me happy.   But, knowing they're not really going out of business makes me slightly irritated at their lack of originality when it comes to luring in customers.   


Oh well.  I'm "going out for dinner" now......   



No comments:

Post a Comment