......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Did You Know Santee Cooper Has a Local Attraction?

South Carolina's Largest Solar Power Installation
Mr. Joe White Ave., Myrtle Beach
Across street from Sam's Club

(click on image 4 larger view)

Grand Strand Solar Station.
Have a Seat
Look @ the Solar Panels

(click on image 4 larger view)

While traveling down Mr. Joe White Ave in Myrtle Beach recently, I noticed something unusual.  Something new.  

I pulled into a driveway and found myself on the road leading back to a Santee Cooper Power facility.   The solar panels to my right caught my attention and I got out of the car to investigate.   
After reading the banners hanging on the wrought iron fence; I realized I was standing in front of the State of South Carolina's Largest Solar Power Installation.   
I guess Santee Cooper means for this to be a sort of attraction as they've included benches, a walking path, and some very modest landscaping.

So, grab a chicken sandwich from the Chik-Fil-A across the street or a Burger from Sonic and have a seat and marvel.
(tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Actually, it is pretty cool !

No comments:

Post a Comment