......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down....Let the SUB Games Begin!

While driving through Surfside Beach today; I happened to notice that the sign above Benjamin's Bakery states that they have the "Best Darn Subs...Period".   
I had to chuckle.
To say something is the "best" is very subjective.
Who is making the claim?
What is the standard they've used in which to judge their product to be the "best darn"?
It is a heavy duty claim to make and punctuated by a "period"! 

If it wasn't for the fact that I wasn't hungry at the time; I would have gone in and bought a sub and then gone around the corner to the new restaurant...Surfside Beach Pizza and Italian Rest. and bought a sub there as well and compared the two.  To hold my own personal "sub-off" between two local shops in my neighborhood.  
Unfortunately I wasn't the least bit hungry and my daughters weren't home to do my bidding and so...... 


I've already informed my girls that there will be Submarine sandwiches for Dinner Wednesday night.  We'll pick a winner and then that shop will go up against another and we'll keep it up until we are satisfied that we've found the Best Darn Sub in Myrtle Beach.  
If Benjamin's prevails then the world will know their claim has been substantiated.


It's going to be a tough job, but someone has to do it.  I'll just put in an extra night of  Zumba class each week.  No biggee.


Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment