......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Surfside Car Wash

Surfside Car Wash
@ Corner of Business 17 & Hwy. 544
{next to gas station}


I recently moved from a house into a condo.  
And where there is a condo, there is usually no garage.
And where there is no garage, there is usually no driveway.
And where there is no driveway, there is usually no accommodation for car washing.

So...

...while cruising down the road one evening I noticed the Surfside Car Wash not five minutes after I noticed that my car was in desperate need of a cleaning.  I pulled in to check it out.  I probably would have had it cleaned sooner but those thoughtful citizens who usually drag their thoughtful little fingers through the dirt on cars as a gentle reminder to "Wash Me!"...were neglectful in their duties.
It's not my fault!

I wasn't sure if the machinery in this place would damage my radio antenna, but I took a chance and everything turned out fine.   Good thing.  It seems I've retained my ability to bypass those morning FM radio shows populated by airheads chatting about nothing when I'd rather hear the music.
(yes, I get that dig in whenever I can).

I digress.

I was presented with a choice of Washes which ranged in price from $4 on up.  I chose the $5 package and it beat the pants off of another car wash I went to recently over on Mr. Joe White which uses the Touchless technology.  It was lame and very un-thorough. It was like driving through one of those very light misty rainy days. 
This one at least made enough passes over the car to psychologically make me think it was actually cleaning something.

Seriously though...it did a bang up job.  It cleaned, rinsed and then heat dried the whole car.   It looked so spiffy that I drove around town a little longer than I'd planned just to show off the sparkle and shine.


I think you won't be disappointed with this Car Wash experience, but I'll tell you this...do not try to insert any dollar bills into the payment box which have even the hint of a crease in them, as the machine will reject them.



No comments:

Post a Comment