......a transplanted Northern chick writing about Myrtle Beach one experience at a time......

Friday, February 10, 2012

Big Apple Bagels, Surfside Beach

While driving home the other day; I got a call from one of my daughters.
She related how she had stopped in at the Big Apple Bagels in Surfside Beach.



She went on to tell me that she purchased two muffins...
1. Chocolate Cheesecake
and the other:
2.  Boston Creme (cream)






I told her to go ahead and taste each so I could have a reliable review of the Muffins.
She wouldn't do it.  It was imperative to her that I get a chance to see what the muffins looked like...in person.
Pictures would not suffice.


I came, I saw, I tasted.


I took pictures.


And now, I write:


Both muffins were dense and extremely moist.
I found that the Chocolate Cheesecake held up best the next day...both were wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.


The taste of each was authentic and the Boston Creme was filled with creme {custard} and the Chocolate Cheesecake had that cheesecake "bite" without being too intense.


The Big Apple Bagel Factory menu lists these as Gourmet Jumbo Muffins and they will set you back $1.99.
If you're like me, then you'd never be able to eat one of these at one time.  I had to cut each of mine in thirds and I shared them with my daughters.  
They are dense...seriously.
But to put my comments in perspective...I rarely eat sweets and so I can't handle more than a bite or two.


I'm anxious to go back and try their bagels early in the morning...when they first open.  
My daughter caught them just before closing...when there were few, if any, bagel offerings.


Big Apple Bagels
120 Highway 17 South
843-238-5311
(in the Piggly Wiggly plaza)


Check out their menu before you go in.











No comments:

Post a Comment